The Community Council has four notice boards in the village which they update with details of their forthcoming Community Council meetings, forthcoming events and other community information.
Three of these notice boards were kindly funded and donated by the Old St. Mellons Village Association and are situated:
- Outside the Old St. Mellons Village Hall, bottom of St. Mellons Hill
- Beechtree Park, in the grounds of St. Johns College
- At the entrance to the Community Council Playing Field, Tyr Winch Rd.
- At Arcon House, Blackbirds Way, Old St Mellons
OLD ST. MELLONS COMMUNITY COUNCIL
COMMUNITY COUNCILLOR VACANCY – CO-OPTION NOTICE
[Pursuant to Section 116 of the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011]
COMMUNITY NAME – OLD ST. MELLONS COMMUNITY COUNCIL
WARD NAME – PONTPRENNAU & OLD ST. MELLONS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that 2 vacancies have arisen in the office of Councillor for the
above mentioned Ward and Community, and the Community Council intends to co-opt to
fill those vacancies.
Expressions of interest are being sought from members of the public who are interested in
representing their community on the Community Council.
You must be a British, Commonwealth, Irish or European Union citizen and be 18 years of
age or over; and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Be (and remain) registered as a local government elector for the community
• During the whole of the last 12 months have occupied, as owner or tenant, land or
other premises in the community named above;
• Your principal or only place of work during the last 12 months has been in the
community named above; or
• You have during the whole of the last 12 months resided in the community or
within 3 miles of it.
Certain people are disqualified from standing, and these include paid officers of the community council, anyone subject to bankruptcy restriction orders and those subject to recent sentences of imprisonment. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that they are qualified to stand.
If you wish to be considered for co-option for the vacant seats or would like more information regarding the role of a Community Councillor please contact:
Clerk to the Old St. Mellons Community Council
Old St. Mellons Village Hall
ON OR BEFORE 5th September 2022
Signed: Dated: 20th July 2022
Cllr Dianne Rees
Chair to Old St. Mellons Community Council